Monday, November 22, 2010

Look past the flesh.

The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Does this not display one of the biggest, and most important virtues of spirit over flesh? Even for those who do not believe in spirits or souls, it still holds substance. "It's what is inside that counts" may be trite sentiment by now, but again, it has substance.

And yet *you* are hung up on the flesh. *You* admit you're tired of your partners seeing you as just sex. *You* will admit, when I'm an asshole, that yeah, your "type" sucks, on even the most cursory look at the evidence. And yet when I tell you that, for all my jokes and lewd remarks, for all my "two god damned years without sex", I see you as more than sex, or that I will always be there for you, in whatever capacity, you say thank you, and keep your eyes on your type.

You can't see past my self-despised flesh. You can't let us both try something a bit different and see if maybe your declaration of "we wouldn't be right for each other" was wrong.

And you know? You put me in a mind where I just want to carve away the flesh until I stand a much thinner person, gore-built and blood slicked, hoping that someone may finally find me attractive. Not that I'm going to do it, I'm crazy, not insane, but still.

Yes, I have my eyes on several women at the moment. Do you know why I pursue multiple people at once? It's because 9 times out of 10 I'm rejected for my flesh. I've pursued a single person at a time before, and it left me miserable because all my attention and amourous efforts were focused on one person who essentially had a 9:1 chance of rejecting me. It shattered my world that I had devoted myself to someone who just didn't want me. So now I pursue many targets in the hopes of catching one. So sue me.

Just... fucking look past the flesh. Look past the interests, and past the personality. Look for devotion, and the ability to love. You'll be happier in the end, even I'm still not. But... fucking satan help me, I'd rather *you* be happy at the cost of my own happiness, than unhappy regardless of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment